Under the direction of the Clinic Manager, the Health Screener is responsible for COVID-19 screening and greeting patients, visitors, vendors, physicians and staff entering and leaving the facility. The Health Screener will conduct screening following guidelines as directed by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. The Health Screener will provide excellent customer service and maintain a neat, orderly and sanitized lobby area.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
· Directs pedestrian traffic and ensures 6ft. physical distancing guidelines are followed at the entry points
· Interact with people entering the facility and request that they utilize the hand sanitizing stations
· Preparing, cleaning and refilling of mask distribution system
· Distribute face masks to people entering the facility
· Ensure each person dons a mask prior to scanning
· Ask each person entering the facility the COVID-19 self-declaration questions.
· Conduct temperature screening of all people entering the facility utilizing either a thermal camera or handheld IR thermometer
· Temperature screening utilizing a thermal camera will be conducted at greater than 6ft. from the person and not requiring direct contact
· Temperature screening utilizing a Handheld IR thermometer will be conducted within 1-3” inches of the person entering, requiring N95 mask, glasses/face shield, gown and gloves (to be provided)
· Notify the on-site medical staff of elevated temperature for triage
· May perform desk duties, including telecommunications (telephone, computer terminal, radio), and assist with assigned projects during down times
· Attends training as assigned
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
· All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers, outside vendors/service providers.
· Prolonged standing and walking.
· Working in areas either outside or near entrances which may include temperature extremes, exposure to communicable diseases, acute patient conditions, and potential exposure to infection.
High School diploma or G.E.D. required.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to effectively communicate and follow outlined processes. Ability to operate the thermal camera and/or IR thermometer effectively (training will be provided). Candidate will be provided N95 mask, training and fit test. Ability to exhibit behaviors that provide a positive experience for all people entering the facility. Act with integrity, confidentiality and compassion. Good people
skills – works effectively with teams and other departments. Native American preferred.