Position: Medical Assistant (RMA/CMA)
Reports To: Practice Manager
Schedule: Full Time Days
Position Location/Department: Sheridan Care
Job Summary: This position requires an individual that can multitask, pay attention to detail, be available when called upon for clinic support and provide assistance in making sure every patient has an optimal visit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review with the patient and document their physical/emotional condition, effectively obtain social, medical, and family history.
• Accurately obtain patient vital signs, height, weight, temp, pulse, and communicate any abnormalities to the provider.
• Complete Chief compliant with full documentation in the EMR.
• Provide support and assistance to the physician/practitioner during patient examinations and procedures.
• Interpretation and implementation of the physicians/practitioners recommended orders. (I.e. laboratory, samples, etc.)
• Complete documentation and charting of all clinical test results, and
• other patient interactions.
• Administration of medications as directed by the Provider.
• Assist the patient in scheduling all follow-up appointments or referrals as necessary.
• In collaboration with the providers, create and maintain patient education information.
• Educate patient as ordered by Provider.
• Scan information into the electronic medical record as needed.
• Follow-up on all medical record issues with insurance companies, hospitals, and physician practices.
• Treat all patients and associates with respect and dignity, and provide professional service to them in a timely, polite and considerate manner.
• Maintain and ensure confidentiality of protected health information (PHI).
• Maintain and monitor Quality Improvement activities as requested.
• Maintain and monitor all office logs and controls as requested.
• Maintain a neat, clean, and safe working environment at all times.
• Must maintain current CPR certification.
• Process prescriptions as ordered by the Provider.
• Initiate and keep current tracking for labs, diagnostic imaging, and referrals.
• Prepare Providers’ schedules for the next week (chart prep) by obtaining all information necessary to ensure efficiency.
• Discharge patients from rooms, providing education and follow up appointment(s).
• Clean rooms between each patient visit.
• Complete DME orders for provider signature.
• Process Prior Authorizations for medications or services.
• Complete forms (FMLA, off school/off work slip, insurance forms) for provider
• Monitor and order medical supplies per office protocol.
• Attend meetings and participates in committees as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.