SENIOR MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Reports to: Branch Manager
The primary purpose of this position is to assist Members First Credit Union to deliver on its mission: To encourage a better tomorrow. To achieve this mission, the position must deliver on our brand promise: We believe in you. Our promise is to be trustworthy, caring, and enthusiastic to help you succeed. You will do this by living out our core values in every service contact to both internal and external members.
- We deliver excellence through knowledge.
- We can be depended upon to do the right thing.
- We believe in exceeding expectations.
- We are committed to encouragement and the power of positivity.
- We respect all people, without judgment.
- We give the best of ourselves when we join together.
- We are hardworking, passionate people.
- We encourage maximizing happiness and fun.
- We thrive by finding new ways to help.
• Deliver on the Credit Union’s Service Promises with each service interaction.
• Senior MSR Role is to assist members and potential members with their Credit union needs directly and through other Member Service Representatives; provides expertise with respect to more complex Credit Union services such as IRA’s, HSA ’s certificates of deposit, electronic funds transfer, home banking, etc.; explains products/services, opens new accounts, responds to problems, and directs members to the appropriate solutions.
• Responsible for daily incoming and outgoing cash from vault and posting entries on the computer.
• Assists Branch Manager with coaching and holding staff accountable
• Assists Branch Manager with hiring of new staff.
• Assists Branch Manager with cross training of the staff.
• Is Responsible for the branch when the Branch Manager is out of the office
Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of this position. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Operates and balances a cash drawer as needed.
• Oversees the daily ATM balancing, Vault, Cash Dispenser, and Coin Machine.
• Orders and verifies cash order from Fed weekly
• Inputs CTR information electronically and cross trains the staff in how to properly fill out the form prior to forwarding the CTRs to BSA Compliance Officer
• Assists employees with overrides as needed
• Resolve account problems and provide information to members efficiently and professionally while maintaining a high level of confidentiality
• Responsible for monitoring the branch activity and scheduling staff to sufficient cover the service level needed for the branch
• Ensure that the branch meets performance goals as established by the Credit Union
• Establish, monitor, and improve initiatives/procedures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of member services without decreasing the audit trail and security of any entries and to ensure that all record keeping is current and accurate.
General Sales Expectations
• Successfully use effective Sales Champion skills and behaviors
• Build relationships with current and new members. Offer products and services that will help to fulfill their financial needs.
• Ensure that members are receiving a high level of service from all employees at the branch.
Member Service Representative
• Create opportunities for expanded member relationships by determining the needs for additional products and services; recommend appropriate credit union solutions
• Process member’s cash and checks
• Remind delinquent members that their payments are due.
Opening New Accounts
• Thoroughly explain products and services to members. Prepare and process documentation for new accounts and collect share deposit
• Assist with the new accounts auditing process.
• Prepare an adverse action letter when products are denied.
• Be knowledgeable in IRA laws and paperwork
• Review paperwork prepared by loan officers to ensure that all documents have been gathered and all data is accurately entered on the system
• Interview members and take loan applications.
• Process loan applications as needed.
• Assist with the loan auditing process.
• Answer Telephones and handle member inquiries
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Expectations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the expectations of the person performing this job.
• Strives to exceed Credit Union, department, and personal goals
• Understands deadlines and is able to meet timeframes that are set
• Team Oriented
• Produces accurate work results
• Act with diplomacy, tact and professionalism when dealing with both members and staff
• Professionalism in actions and appearance
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
• Attend education functions as required.
• Extensive knowledge of the Credit Union’s products, services, policies and procedures
• Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and /or outside the organization generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information, which may require some discussion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit for up to 3 hours at a time, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear.
• The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus for up to 8 hours per day.
• Nature of position requires physical mobility and the ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
• Must maintain a neat and orderly work area.
• Routinely clean and disinfect work areas (i.e. teller stations, desk surfaces, phones, electronic equipment).
o Wipe down teller windows and desk surfaces after every Member and Team Member interaction. If limited or no Member interactions, this practice is to be completed a minimum of twice a day.
o Wipe down door handles, drive thru canisters, desks, telephones, areas that are often touched by members or team members coming in frequently.
• Sanitize shared spaces such as break rooms, whiteboards, and meeting tables after every use.
• Protect the confidentiality of credit union staff and members by locking door or removing items from desk/workstation when away.
Education and Experience
• Minimum High School Graduate or equivalent
• Minimum of one - year experience with a financial institution
• Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook