About this Opportunity
The Supplier Diversity Program Manager participates in the successful design, implementation, maintenance, and measurement of multiple programs and projects related to advancing supplier diversity at Herman Miller. You will lead efforts to integrate analytics and plans related to our supplier diversity strategic pillars. You'll lead database management and reporting for compliance programs, including Federal Government Small Business Program and Customer Diverse spend reporting (Tier 2). You'll manage internal RFP inquiries from the Sales organization and partner in planning for external conference engagement. You'll also support diverse dealer analytics requirements and manage diversity scorecard delivery
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Adhereto all Herman Miller document management and retention policies.
- Aggregate data from multiple sources and create executive summary reports in support of various projects and initiatives.
- Assist in consulting with cross-functional areas across the organization.
- Co-manage Herman Miller's brand presence at external supplier diversity events, including match makers, conferences, and targeted outreach engagements.
- Expand and leverage internal relationships with key business partners, including Marketing, Communications, Supply Management, Contracts, Government, and external vendors.
- Identify and recommend appropriate metrics and tools to assess the effectiveness and impact of supplier diversity strategies and initiatives.
- Lead database management for assigned supplier diversity systems.
- Prepare and distribute Customer Tier 2 reporting;supplier diversity dashboard and business trends;diversity, equity, and inclusion corporate scorecard; government subcontracting plan; and subcontracting summary report based on requirements.
- Provide ad hoc reporting requested by business partners through the Proposal Center, Business Development Managers, and Account Managers.
- Provide project management for supplier diversity programs.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Management, Operations, IT, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Five or more years of experience in one or more areas: supplier relations, diversity and inclusion programs, project management, and data analytics.
- The ability to influence outcomes across key stakeholder groups internally and externally.
- Analytical, problem-solving ,and project management skills with an agility to generate solutions to new and ambiguous situations.
- The ability to be self-directed and highly organized andto work independently and as a member of a team on complex projects with minimal supervision.
- The ability to communicate and workwith all levels of the organization, including routine interactions with executives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple and/or competing priorities and adjust accordingly with ease.
- Proficiencyin MicrosoftExcel, Access, and Business Objects.
- The ability to travel.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.