- Zeeland, MI, USA
- Full Time
Plascore is an established global manufacturer of honeycomb core, composite structures, and cleanrooms. Plascore's light weight, industrial strength, honeycomb technology is utilized for a multitude of applications within the aerospace, automotive and marine industries. Plascore is an employee driven organization, fueled by professional teams with dedicated years of service to manufacturing.
Plascore is seeking an Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer to work closely with our engineering and manufacturing teams. This position offers many opportunities for planning and implementing organization environmental, health, and safety programs to promote a positive safety culture and to ensure an incident free work environment and full compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
The ideal candidate will have had exposure in a multitude of areas such as: federal, state, and local laws related to the health, safety, and environment in a manufacturing facility.
- Recommend and implement specific actions to assure that the plant complies with programs designed to minimize physical and financial exposure.
- Responsible for implementation of Plascore safety policies and procedures and supporting in their adherence.
- Coordinate with safety committee, regular safety audits and inspections, and keep track of safety audit results.
- Schedule and conduct annual safety and environmental training.
- Assist other leaders in orienting new employees and updating current employees on the safety policy manual and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain the first response program.
- Track progress and facilitate completion on action items generated from OSHA inspections.
- Participate in improving our product, processes, equipment, and methods.
- Serve as ISO14001 Management Representative and oversee the Environmental Management System, and all related tasks.
- Prepare and file all environmental reports and maintain records for ISO14001.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health & Safety or a professional level of knowledge in a specialized field equivalent to degree.
- Five to seven years progressively more responsible experience.
- Ability to work under general direction.
- Exercises a high level of independent judgment.
- Analytical ability is required in for the interpreting of qualitative and quantitative data.
Job benefits include:
- Full benefit package
- Generous vacation policy with yearly increases up to a maximum of 6 weeks.
- Competitive base salary plus incentive bonus
- Security of work for an established, growing company that serves a diverse customer base.
- Must be eligible to work on programs subject to ITAR Regulations. Therefore, candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident ('Green Card').
For more information about our company, please visit our web site at We are an EEO employer dedicated to workforce diversity.
We are an EEO employer dedicated to workforce diversity.