As a member of the Data Engineering team, you will be responsible for coordinating the teams efforts to build our industry leading data platform. This person will work closely with the product owner to prioritize the backlog and define the work to ensure that we are building the right things at the right time. They will lead all of the team ceremonies and address blockers that are inhibiting progress.
A successful candidate in this role will have exceptional organizational skills, the ability to break down large chunks of work into manageable pieces, and fantastic communication. They must have experience working with software/data engineers and the ability to empathize with the challenges the team faces.
The team is responsible for transforming the business into an "Insights Driven Organization." We are doing that by building a world class technical platform, a world class data engineering team, and helping the business think about data differently. This role will play a key role in all the aspects outlined above!
- Acts as liaison and point of contact between team and other stakeholders.
- Provides reporting on team activities as required (development burndown, team velocity, etc.)
- Works with business/product owners to groom the team backlog of work.
- Monitors team workflow and removes obstacles as needed.
- May coordinate release management planning and execution.
- Coordinates team Product Iteration planning activities.
- Manages the process for creating and managing task cards (Jira issues).
- Creates and manages sprint ceremony meetings (sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, demos, etc.).
- Ensures compliance with quality control processes.
- Monitors performance of team processes and initiates process improvements as required.
- Cultivates and supports a culture of learning and teaching.
- Assists in evaluating team performance during project progress.
- Provides input in hiring decisions and performance evaluations.
- Five years previous experience in Agile software development environments with one year working in the Scrum Master role preferred.
- This position requires excellent servant leadership skills.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills to resolve problems.
- Must have good time management and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and be able to work independently or within a team environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate drive and initiative, be highly motivated toward company, team, and individual results, and be able to maintain focus on priorities.
- Experience working on/with a data engineering, data science, or data analytics team would be a bonus
- Experienced using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a plus