You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Financial Manager (Product Category) at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Financial Manager (Product Category), you'll lead a team and/or finance-related activities in support of multiple/large projects/ functions or major business units/product lines of the organization's business and operations. You will develop and/or oversee the preparation of detailed and complex analyses and research for financial forecasts and projections. You'll conduct financial analysis through the application of expert general content or specialized technical knowledge to business units. Your assignments will be broad and requiring originality and ingenuity beyond the application of traditional accounting/financial concepts.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Actively participate/interactwith Finance team leaders on an ongoing basis and during month-end/year-end close.
- Applyunderstanding oforganizational structure andstrategic business unit objectives.
- Assign, monitor, and review theprogress and accuracy of work, directing efforts and providing technical guidance on more complex issues.
- Ensureadherence to Herman Millerfinancial policy and GAAP.
- Maintaina thorough understanding of complex Herman MillerIT systems and their inter-relationships and dependencies.
- Maintainan effective and documented internal control environment as required under 404 (SOX) within your area(s) of responsibility and the areas supported by the team.
- Lead a cross-functional team.
- Oversee a work team of finance professionals, including direct day-to-day activities.
- Provideprofessional mentoring to less experienced team members.
- Providesupport to other business partners with their financial accounting issues and requirements.
- Regularly workon major projects or solve complex problems with time and resource constraints.
- Reviewand re-engineerbusiness processes, identifybusiness requirements, and managechange.
- Workclosely with other finance areas and auditors to coordinate quarterly and annual audits andliaison with other business partners to gather required financial information to complete audit work on a timely basis.
- Developtrusted business partnerships with category leaders through a deep understanding of their business and proactive financial management.
- Ensuretimely and appropriate financial reporting for internal management purposes.
- Compilemonthly and quarterly forecasting of your assigned product category income statement.
- Oversee the roll-up of your assigned product category financial plan.
- Proactively enhanceexisting processes to increase efficiencies for consistency andstandardization, and implementnew financial processes.
- Provideadhoc reportingto evaluate business needs.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. ACPA or MBA is preferred.
- Six years of professional financial analysis experience with an excellent understanding of accounting principles.
- Two years of experience in the management/supervision of accounting professionals.
- The ability to lead, influence, solve problems, and work with all levels in the organization, including executive leadership.
- Strong analytical, organization, time management, and process management skills for success in a deadline-oriented environment.
- A high level of written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes in a logical sequence andat a level appropriate to the audience, resulting in effective working relationships.
- Competencies that include strong business literacy, systemic thinking, coaching skills, customer focus, planning skills, organizational skills, and the ability to be resourceful and timely in completing work assignments
- A high degree of accuracy andattention to detail in completed assignments.
- Experience with and current knowledge of the financial Systems used at Herman Miller.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.