You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Senior Product and Launch Manager, Global Seating at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Senior Product and Launch Manager, Global Seating, you'll be accountable for a specific assortment of products including identifying, developing, launching, and/or managing product improvement activities to achieve revenue and margin goals. You will generate insights for key customer and channel needs to define new product opportunities, establish and validate product criteria, and represent the customer through the development process, leading the launch effort and managing the assortment through its lifecycle including improvement and/or cost reduction opportunities.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Take responsibilityfor the financial health of the assortment, including accountability for the assortment P&L.
- Developand implementassortment strategies and plans.
- Managethe product lifecycle of an assortment from development and introduction through growth and maturity to decline and discontinuation. You'll recommendand facilitatesimplification anddiscontinuation for assortment.
- Directongoing analyses and leadthe pricing and discounting strategy for an assortment to optimize financial performance.
- Develop and defineall market-based requirements, including vocabulary, pricing, marketing, product training, channel strategies, distribution, etc.
- Identifymarket conditions and trends to accurately establish and validate a business opportunity, program criteria, value proposition, positioning, and market message.
- Organizeand leas the product launch sub-team comprised of non-direct team members across channels and geographies,includingexpense dollars and timing.
- Take responsibility for all market facing aspects of the product commercialization initiative.
- Ownthe effort to resolve quality issues andevaluate and drive changes that can impact the P&L.
- Identifyand build thebusiness case for product extensions and/or new platforms.
- Serve as the core team member representing the product category.
- Work closely and partnerwith key functions, designers, and experts to ensure alignment and outstanding execution of all product-related activities.
- Actas a mentor to help develop other Product colleagues, providingdirection and priority setting in the absence of the Work Team Leader (WTL) and actingas WTL for the internship program.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or Operations. A Master's degree is preferred.
- 10 years of overall business experience, including marketing and product management. Experience in product development and project management is critical.
- Three years of experience in a general management or leadership role.
- Experience within design/innovation driven industries. Furniture experience is optional capital goods experience is preferred.
- Product platform team experience.
- Sales and dealer development experience (a plus).
- Superior strategic marketing and planning skills.
- The ability to think strategically and execute tactically coupled with strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the abilityto present complex concepts in a concise and understandable way to a variety of audiences, including senior management and customer groups.
- Supervisory, cross-functional leadership, and project management skills and experience.
- Mentoring, people development, and leadership skills.
- Highly developed financial literacy and business acumen.
- The ability to lead through influence in nontraditional organizational structures.
- The ability to travel 25 percent of the time.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.