Hardware Engineer, Hudsonville, MI –
Altron Automation is a custom manufactured automated machinery company in West Michigan. We are all about quality, dedication and integrity. We design, build and execute all in-house, located in Hudsonville, Michigan. Included in our capabilities are advanced manufacturing systems, test equipment, reinforced plastics and prototyping. For more than 30 years we’ve been designing solutions and creating automation with the very best service and engineering team. Delivering results with pristine accuracy is essential to us.
This position is responsible for complete electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic design of custom manufactured automated machinery. This includes, but is not limited to, design, programming and troubleshooting. This is a full time role.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and manage electrical/pneumatic controls schematics for new and existing machines.
- Determines the extent and type of controls required to construct the assigned machine(s).
- Sizes all electric and pneumatic components.
- Contacts vendors for information needed.
- Works directly with customer’s engineering to ensure design criteria meets customer specifications.
- Progresses with designs of multiple machines.
- Reviews, resolves and investigates opportunities that arise pertaining to active jobs.
- Reviews with mechanical engineering intent for machine construction.
- Reviews procedures and makes suggestions for company standards and procedures.
- Generates and maintain bills of material required for controls construction.
- Maintains network files as required for the controls design department.
- Directly supervises and participates in the construction of machine manuals.
- Gathers all appropriate literature required for the construction of machine manuals.
- Resolves problems encountered by manufacturing.
- Remote support to assist field service with electrical/pneumatic troubleshooting as needed on installations or support trips.
- Occasional travel to customer facilities to assist troubleshooting if it cannot be resolved remotely.
- Must Have Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in controls design and engineering.
- Strong with experience in ability to read and draw controls schematics.
- Must be able to use AutoCAD electrical drafting on PC’s. (3 years of experience preferred)
- High Level of ability in machine building practices (wiring, plumbing, etc.).
- Must have knowledge of machine control practices.
- Required to have a general knowledge of industry products.
- Self-starter and self-motivated individual who understands the importance of being a team player to achieve organizational goal and exercises team effort to achieve success.
- Thrives in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Thoughtful and respects peers, subordinates, supervisors and customers; able to work in multicultural environments.
- Handles pressure well with a positive attitude.
- Prioritizes and handles many tasks simultaneously and has demonstrated organizational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Takes pride in company and has concern for corporate image.
- General housekeeping of work areas.
See more about us at www.altronautomation.com