Senior Software Engineer, Hudsonville, MI --
Altron Automation is a custom manufactured automated machinery company in West Michigan. We are all about quality, dedication and integrity. We design, build and execute all in-house, located in Hudsonville, Michigan. Included in our capabilities are advanced manufacturing systems, test equipment, reinforced plastics and prototyping. For more than 30 years we’ve been designing solutions and creating automation with the very best service and engineering team. Delivering results with pristine accuracy is essential to us.
This is a great opportunity for a well-rounded Engineer to show strengths in software, hardware, and full system integration. The Senior Software Engineer designs and implements software for automotive end of line vehicle equipment. They actively participate in the development and the field support of these machines, worldwide. This role is full time.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Programming real-time/multitasking control software in Microsoft’s .Net Framework (Visual Basic preferred).
- In-vehicle network experience such as CAN, LIN, or KWORD 2000.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware systems in the lab and in the field.
- Communicate with customers and management to define requirements and resolve functionality or schedule conflicts.
- Document code and manuals to ease software maintenance.
- Support new equipment and equipment-installed base by providing on line support or on location support throughout the world.
- Understanding of electronic and computer hardware systems, and the ability to use this knowledge to troubleshoot equipment and advise others.
- Solid experience in the programming of serial and network communication interfaces (RS 232/422, Ethernet).
- Familiarity with Windows programming.
- Object oriented programming experience.
- Modifying and maintain software upgrades.
- Good understanding of mechanisms and mechanical components.
- Travel as needed (with possible international travel).
- Fundamental PLC skills a plus.
- Participate in periodic design reviews.
- Participate in job close-out meetings.
- Participate in and/or lead activities that promote continuous improvements.
- Participate in and/or lead activities that create a safe working environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required (concentration in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering strongly preferred).
- Experience in Visual Basic: 5 years (Preferred).
- Experience with in-vehicle network: 5 years (Preferred).
- Analytical ability to decipher manufacturing processes.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS-Project.
- Willing and able to travel as needed (25% highly preferred).
- Self-starter and self-motivated individual who understands the importance of being a team player to achieve organizational goal
- Exercises team effort to achieve success.
- Thrives in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Thoughtful and respects others.
- Can work in multicultural environments.
- Respects peers, subordinates, supervisors and customers.
- Handles pressure with a positive attitude.
- Prioritizes and handles many tasks simultaneously and has demonstrated organizational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Takes pride in company and has concern for corporate image.
- General housekeeping of work areas.
See more about us at www.altronautomation.com