Overview: The Program Coordinator assists in all aspects of the agency operations to support the Executive Director.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Executive Director
Data entry and management – Assist in maintaining the accountability and financial integrity of the organizations in accordance with the annual financial plan, board policies and internal controls.
• Prepare deposits, billing statements and/or Sponsorship Invoices as needed
• Maintain comprehensive database of current and potential donors
• Support preparation of campaign solicitation letters, bulk mailings, workplace packets, etc.
• Manage collection and processing of campaign pledges and payments; post to campaign software
Administration Support – Supports all aspects of general office operations.
• Maintain office calendar to coordinate work flow and oversee call to meetings, responses and follow-up
• Supports recruitment, training, and monitoring of volunteers and interns
• Assist with board/committee meeting agenda, prep and notes
• Maintain a functional understanding of all United Way policies and procedures
Community Relations – Assists in the enhancement of county community collaboration and increase awareness of United Way's mission and activities.
• Work to build meaningful relations with donor market organizations and leaders
• Participate on and work with boards, taskforces, coalitions and committees in areas of common organizational need and benefit as directed by the Executive Director
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with partner agencies, volunteers, staff and interns.
• Monitor and maintain the organization's Social Media platforms
• Assist in maintaining a highly-visible, year-round presence for United Way across Marquette County
• Assist in cultivating and maintaining positive relations with all media outlets through personal interaction
• Recognize opportunities for media interviews and public appearances
Program Coordination –Administer aspects of the campaign and organizational programs as directed.
• Assist in the development and coordination of campaign kick-off and celebration events
• Manage partner agency contact information and distribution lists
• Apply excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills by responding to requests for information, helping to coordinate activities, projects and workplans for the team and preparing reports as needed.
• Research, write and manage grants
• Support annual admissions and community investment processes
• Constantly assess community needs and identify appropriate roles for United Way
• Attention to detail
• Administrative Skills
• Collaboration and teamwork skills
• Initiative and problem solving
• Communication skills – including written, oral, and listening
• 1+ year of work experience in office administration, operations, or other relevant field.
• Proficient skills in MS Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as Google Docs.
• Data entry experience
• 3+ years of work experience in office administration, operations, or other relevant field.
• Experience working with a non-profit
• Knowledge of non-profit accounting and fundraising practices
• Experience with Salesforce or other similar CRM system
• Grant research and writing experience a plus