Reports to: Quality Manager
Pay Range: Confidential
Working Hours: 40 hours per week minimum, as required.
- Be aware of how jobs are running on the shift; notify Supervisor and Process Technician, if problems occur.
- Conduct inspections of finished product on the production floor. Report all nonconformance’s to Supervisor.
- Ensure that operators are aware and trained to identify parts which do not meet customer specifications.
- Assist in training all new and existing operators.
- Ensure that correct documentation is at work station (WI, labels, transparencies etc).
- Ensure that measurements and process monitoring are performed per PPAP/ISIR/TS/Customer Requirements.
- Communicate with / between Supervisor and Process Technician.
- Communicate to Supervisor when operators are not following their work instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate quality concerns / issues at pre shift meetings.
- Assist in APQP/PPAP/ISIR/Revals processes as required. (Dimensional, Gage R&R, Capability Studies, etc.)
- Create/Update/Post Work Instructions, Gauging Instructions / Charts, Quality Alerts, Deviations, etc.
- Create sample boundary boards and keep them updated and clean.
- Assist in printing of shipping labels and making copies of production paper work.
- Review and file all production paperwork in Customer files.
- Calibrate calipers weekly.
- Perform Incoming Inspections.
- Perform Last Shots and assist in Job Shut Down and Set-Up Checklist and First Piece Approvals.
- Know and ensure employees are following the Seabrook, Customer and IATF16949 procedures.
- Communicates with other Quality Technicians in person. (Shift Hand Off)
- Assist with internal audits.
- Assist with corrective actions and continuous improvement activities, when required.
- Perform Certificate of Conformance tasks.
- Cover for other Quality Technicians for vacations, call ins, etc. Must be able to work other shifts.
- Lead the team when Supervisor is on vacation, calls in, etc.
- Report all issues or concerns to the Quality Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills and model behavior for operators.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in training and developing operators.
- Treats direct reports and peers with respect and dignity.
- Conversant in ERP and related computer software required for the role.
- Must have good attendance.
- Must have good computer skills. (Word, Excel)
- Some Knowledge in Blue Print Reading
Experience and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of ISO / IATF 16949 Requirements.
- 3 or more years’ experience in quality.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour