Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan - Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
The Senior Closeout Lead Analyst is responsible for the leadership, management and administration of the Closeout process for the successful future operations and maintenance of equipment associated with projects supported by the Enterprise Project Management and adherence to the PLP-CLOMGT-100 Project Closeout Manual. They perform complex analytical, technical and administrative tasks, the scope of responsibility requires individual initiative to assimilate data from various sources and factor multiple systems or processes into decisions. They analyze the data and develop technical solutions, systems, or procedures and implement recommendations. This analysis includes but is not limited to operational analysis, technical design, system troubleshooting and project coordination. They would be required to understand equipment identification, functional locations, technical drawings, piping and instrumentation diagrams, wiring diagrams, databases and the functionality of both mechanical and electrical equipment. Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Manage the Project Closeout process, including:
- Verify operational procedures are updated/created and validate them according to stakeholder alignment
- Verify testing/commissioning activities and obtain and validate associated documentation
- Verify Environmental/Compliance/Regulatory information is identified and obtained and validate completeness
- Verify applicable as-built drawings have been made available to the customer at Interim Acceptance and validate completeness
- Verify all drawings are at ""Issued for Record" status at Final Acceptance and validate completeness
- Verify all punch list activities have been tracked and completed and site clean-up has been performed and validate completeness
- Perform or provide guidance for all activities provided by the Closeout Support personnel
- Track and Communicate project status to Cost Engineers and Financial Services
- Assure information is obtained for Asset Unitization
- Bachelors' Degree in engineering, construction management or related degree. Less than a bachelor's degree may be acceptable if accompanied by extensive Company or industry experience in positions that demonstrate required abilities and performance.
- 7+ years of experience
- Proficiency in SAP
- Knowledge of Gas Compression and Storage Stations
- Knowledge of Generating Plants
- Good understanding of software functionality to provide support and direction for Closeout and data management initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to function on a team, participate in collective decision making and a strong customer focus
Location is flexible
? Essential Functions
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the identification, management, evaluation and support of all closeout activities that are applicable to the successful operations and maintenance and financial closure of newly installed equipment or repairs. Manage and document the Interim and Final Acceptance process for the successful handoff of the project to its customers. Assist with identifying and determining a complete list of equipment associated with an individual project to determine what equipment will require maintenance, bill of materials (BOMs) and spare parts. Create material master numbers for individual parts to create and enter BOMs into SAP.
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work at least 40 hours per week. Time will be spent in the office, headquarters or specific field locations. Limited travel will be required to specific projects throughout the state and may include overnight stays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working conditions include indoor, outdoors and hazardous environments in field operations, corporate office, generating.
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.