Acts as a team member in the delivery of quality patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Provider. Performs basic skills per department guidelines and communicates observations to members of the health care team.
- Collects and reports physiological, psychological, sociocultural and spiritual needs of patients and families in coordination with and as delineated by the RN or Provider. Ensures that required documentation is performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provides direct patient care under the direction of the RN or Provider, consistent with clinical policies and procedures, and department standard work. Provides input in the development of an individualized plan of care. Ensures that required documentation is performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Articulates the nursing technician role to the patient, family and health team members. Provides support to facilitate safe, quality patient care in a cost-effective manner.
- Cleans patient’s environment / work area / equipment and communicates any equipment malfunctions to appropriate department / unit personnel.
- Demonstrates a high standard of moral and ethical behavior. Advocates for privacy, confidentiality and security of patient, staff and organization data.
8 am to 5 pm