Performs patient laboratory test specimen collections. Test ordering in LIS, specimen processing and specimen handling. Contacts providers and other healthcare providers to clarify questions and issues around test ordering and collection. Assumes primary responsibility in providing a People First approach to welcoming, helping and caring for lab patients, visitors and other members of the patient's healthcare team.
- Assures quality care for patients and families. Promotes patient confidentiality in the work environment.
- Demonstrates positive people first attitudes and actions. Demonstrates the ability to interact directly with patients, families, and clients to their satisfaction.
- Performs phlebotomy, specimen handling, specimen processing, and clerical duties. Maintains competency-validated proficiency on all procedures.
- Demonstrates consistent use of PPE's. Orders laboratory testing in the LIS. Confirms orders/diagnosis and obtains ABN's as necessary. Accepts and processes standing orders.
- Logs and documents environmentals (refrigerator, incubator, freezer temperatures) and daily equipment function verification data.
- Answers telephone, takes messages, answers basic customer questions
- Works cooperatively, both individually and as a unit, with other personnel, departments, and disciplines to facilitate multidisciplinary, patient-centered care.
- Monitors staff and work environment in compliance with institutional safety and infection control standards.
Every other Friday and Saturday, plus an additional 8 hours scheduled
10:30pm - 7:00 am
Every other weekend