Business Development Representative
Toshiba America Business Solutions, a leader in digital technology, is seeking a Business Development Representative to support the inside sales team reporting to the Southfield, MI office. Toshiba is an industry leader in equipment, digital displays, document security, and software solutions that keep businesses running brilliantly and efficiently.
Our people bring innovative, real-world solutions for our client's print management needs; we help cut costs, secure documents and reduce the environmental footprint. We are a growing, dynamic organization that has a need for individuals who are driven to contribute their professional best.
Summary: Generate qualified leads for the sale of products/services/solutions to businesses and industrial establishments via telephone and/or email. Responsible for marketing the company's product and/or services via telephone.
- Generate prospective customers through cold-calling and email to qualify leads with the ultimate goal of setting appointments for the sales team.
- Gather sales lead intelligence about prospective customers.
- Contact current customer base as assigned in order to generate up-sell or cross-selling opportunities for the sales team. Meet call quotas/targets as set by the team.
- Seek and record competitive equipment information as desired.
- Perform required documentation, updates, or corrections within the designated Salesforce system.
- May need to liaison with internal departments as it pertains to potential leads.
- Generate reports as needed regarding lead qualifying activity.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one year of experience in a combination of the following; lead generation, telemarketing, sales, and call center activity.
- Must be enthusiastic, perseverant, and energetic with the ability to influence /persuade. Must be comfortable with cold calling.
- Must have thorough communication skills and speak articulately and professionally on the phone to prospective customers.
- Demonstrated experience using salesforce.com a plus.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent customer service skills and a team player.
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Company provided life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email Accommodation Request@tabs.toshiba.com to request an accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.