We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients "Ask for Mary," they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Registers patients, schedules appointments, answers telephones, and performs other assigned duties.
- Focus on Patient Care. A selfless drive to serve and heal connects all MFB employees.
- Clinical Variety and Challenge. An inter-disciplinary approach and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities and activities.
- Family Culture. We offer the stability of a large organization while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small organization.
- Trust in Each Other. Each employee knows that their co-workers can be trusted to make the right decision for our family, patients, staff and community.
- A Proud Tradition. Years of dedicated, quality service to our patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our employees with pride.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Our Commitment to providing an inclusive environment for patients, families, staff, and community.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Answers phones and responds to questions from doctors, patients, hospitals, care givers, etc.
- Schedules patient appointments.
- Determines medical urgency in conjunction with doctor and clinical staff.
- Determines clinical/technical staff, as well as treatment room, availability.
- Prepares special services required authorization form, when appropriate, and follows up if not received within four weeks.
- Registers patients.
- Initial visit - Assesses needed insurance information and assures correct forms are completed and authorized.
- Return visit - Verifies patient information and updates charts.
- Evaluates transcribed dictation to determine if billing or rescheduling is necessary; follows through with appropriate action.
- Prices all completed work orders by identifying L-codes for procedures.
- Balances batches of charges and runs reports.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- Two-year college degree preferable.
- One year practical experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
Other Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Familiarity with ICD-9 CM coding.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.