Responsible for ensuring the safety and security of team members, guests, and guest property according to Suburban Inns’ Core Values and Suburban Inns/Embassy Suites standards, and going above and beyond to ensure that guests are 100% satisfied.
- Report to work in professionally appropriate attire, presented neat and clean
- Greet all guests in a friendly, positive manner. Ask questions of guests and make personal connections to make them feel they are welcome and valued
- Anticipate and meet the needs and expectations of our guests, then go one step further
- Be alert for fire hazards and unsafe work practices and unsafe conditions.
- Ensure compliance with hotel and security SOP
- Be able to act according to all emergency procedures
- Ensure that all safety and security supplies are well maintained.
- Maintain good public relations with guests
- Conduct regular patrol of the property to ensure all areas are safe and secure.
- Display the essential hospitality attitude/professionalism when dealing with internal and external guests; communicate verbally and nonverbally with them in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Be alert for any unusual occurrences and take appropriate action
- Ensures all areas of the hotel are secure when not in use.
- Monitors life safety systems including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguishers and sprinklers
- Ensures security camera system is fully operational and functional
- Assist in the training of team members on emergency and security procedures
- Assist all associates with questions, problems which might occur.
- Enforces a quiet environment for sleeping guests.
- Be familiar with the hotel’s amenities and their hours of operation
- Fill out guest and team member incident reports as necessary
- Handle sensitive incidents with discretion
- Coordinate with government and law enforcement agencies as necessary
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of all parking and lobby areas
- Ensure guests and employees receive proper security escorts, as required
- Assist other departments as needed
- Ensure QA compliance with Hilton/Embassy Suites standards
- Exhibit regular and recurrent attendance records
- Other duties as requested by management
Minimum Knowledge: Requires ability to interpret / extract information and / or perform arithmetic functions. Requires typing, record keeping, and/or word processing. Good communication skills
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience: High school diploma or equivalent related experience preferred. Security related experience preferred.
License, Registration, and/or Certification Required: Strong interpersonal and communications skills. Valid driver’s license. TIPS, CPR certifications (may be completed upon hire)