The GFS Information Systems expansive team focuses on both custom and packaged solutions - delivering value to our business - enabling us to meet the growing needs of our customers.
Our Finance and HR Systems team ensures the optimal performance of our Human Resources, Finance and other business units applications and software programs through the technical solutions they administer and create.
The Scrum Master is a servant leader who helps teams with meeting their delivery goals. The Scrum Master helps teams self organize, self-manage, and deliver via effective Agile practices. The Scrum Master supports and enforces the rules of the Scrum process and other rules that the team has agreed upon. The Scrum Master also helps the team coordinate with other teams and communicates status to management as needed.
What you will do as a Scrum Master:
- Act as liaison and point of contact between team and other stakeholders.
- Provide reporting on team activities as required (development burndown, team velocity, etc.)
- Work with business/product owners to groom the team backlog of work.
- Monitor team workflow and remove obstacles as needed.
- May coordinate release management planning and execution.
- Coordinate team Product Iteration planning activities.
- Manage the process for creating and managing task cards (Jira issues).
- Create and manage sprint ceremony meetings (sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, demos, etc.).
- Ensures compliance with quality control processes.
- Monitors performance of team processes and initiates process improvements as required.
- Cultivates and supports a culture of learning and teaching.
- Assists in evaluating team performance during project progress.
- Provides input in hiring decisions and performance evaluations.
Does this sound like you?
- Five years previous experience in Agile software development environments with one year working in the Scrum Master role preferred.
- Excellent servant leadership skills.
- Experience supporting financial systems would be a plus
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills to resolve problems.
- Must have good time management and organizational skills.
In lieu of the specified education and experience requirements, a proven capability to perform the essential functions of the job, as demonstrated by an equivalent combination of education, training and/or relevant work experience may be considered.