You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Junior Sales Representative at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Junior Sales Representative, you'll generate, qualify, and convert leads to increase sales in assigned markets through direct selling activities, field sales team support, and lead management, providing high-value "human touch" to prospective new accounts and customers. You will partner with Marketing and internal and external business partners to qualify and convert incoming leads to new business development opportunities and sales.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Communicatewith current and potential customersand followup on leads.
- Conduct/assistin the targeted vertical market sales process by giving product presentations, coordinating necessary sales tools, and helpingexecute events held in local markets or with key assigned accounts.
- Maintain a current and continuous understanding of all Herman Miller offerings and solutions to ensure all vertical market opportunities are leveraged appropriately.
- Participate and build new business pipelines with channel partners and field sales members.
- Proactively introduce Herman Miller's products and services, obtain contact information, and educate the decision-maker or their delegate on the value of the Herman Miller family of brands.
- Providerapid, relevant, and timely responses to customer inquiries driven by digital marketing efforts.
- Researchand developclient/competitor information on assigned accounts prospecting for new client opportunities and proactively conducting client outreach activities.
- Research, formulate and executea marketing strategy for individual targeted customers with a persistent outreach through multiple communication channels.
- Track weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and sales metrics via sales software platform (Salesforce).
- Usemultiple communication channels to provide persistent and applicable outreach.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- An Associate's degree in Business Administration or a related field,or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous selling experience (preferred).
- Excellent listening and sales skills.
- The ability to achieve targets.
- Self-motivationwith high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Creative and innovative thinking.
- The ability tousegood independent judgment.
- The professional persistence and drive necessary to win despite resistance and adversity.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to exhibit positive customer service.
- The ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external business partners.
- Detail-orientationand a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written/verbal skills that include negotiation and presentation skills.
- The ability to work cooperatively both in a team environment and independently.
- The ability to handleconfidential information with a high degree of integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness.
- Comfortabilityand willingness to sell in a virtual environment.
- The ability to understand the customers' needs and identifysales opportunities.
- Strong time management, multitasking, process management, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to travel as needed to achieve business objectives.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high-quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.