You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Corporate Controller at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As Corporate Controller, you'll be responsible for company-wide financial reporting and accounting functions, including consolidations, SEC external reporting, technical accounting, shared service accounting functions, and oversight of global compliance with Sarbanes Oxley. You will analyze, interpret, and report on trends requiring management's attention.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Plan, organize, and directglobal financial activities and policies, including general ledger accounting, month-end close and reporting, cost accounting, and monthly financial performance analysis.
- Ensuretimely and appropriate external financial reporting and that legal requirements are met, including global compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and company-wide accounting policies.
- Participate in Audit Committee meetings, including presenting financial material in a clear and concise manner.
- Support the CFO in developing Board-level financial reporting.
- Helpdevelopstrategies for strategic alliances, partnerships, and acquisitions, integratingany organizations and businesses that may arise from company M&A activity.
- Coachand mentorstaff, determineappropriate staffing levels, ensureemployee development, and maintaina positive employee relations environment.
- Coordinate and maintain external audit relationships.
- Develop corporate level financial dashboards, scorecards, and reporting for use with senior leadership.
- Develop timely and appropriate reporting process to meet leadership teamrequirements to make decisions and monitor performance.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting. A Master's Degree is preferred. A CPA/CMA is required.
- 10+ years of professional finance or accounting experience and a track record of working in financial operations of a large, publicly traded company.
- Five years of leadership experience across multiple functions and/or executive leadership experience. Global experience is highly preferred.
- Highly developed expert financial knowledge, well-developed business acumen, and technical cost accounting skills.
- Experience/exposure to supporting manufacturing and distribution operations financial activities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to quickly access and understand trends and circumstances.
- Relationship and consensus-building skills to manage projects in a complex matrixed environment.
- The ability to lead, influence, and work with all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership competence as defined by Executive Competencies, including the ability to effectively focus resources to implement a business strategy, generate excitement and commitment around the vision and goals, and drive innovation and change.
- Experience with change management principles and the ability to drive and manage the change process from strategic planning through implementation and follow-through.
- The ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Expert written/verbal communication skillsand the abilityto present complex concepts in a concise and understandable way to a variety of audiences, including the highest level of the organization.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.