At Mercantile Bank of Michigan, we are dedicated to our Customers, Employees and Communities. Our exceptional team members are committed to maintaining an environment of personal growth and development while providing professional and personalized service to customers and supporting our diverse communities.
Employees are our most valuable asset! If you have an interest in joining a team that operates with INTEGRITY, DISCIPLINE and PURPOSE, consider Mercantile Bank as a potential employer.
Mortgage Loan Processor II
The Mortgage Loan Processor II plays a key role in the timely and accurate production of a mortgage file and guides the file from point of application to closing. The Mortgage Loan Processor II position is an intermediate-level position that requires a solid mortgage background, organizational skills, and advanced attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Orders, obtains and validates necessary documents including property title commitments, appraisals, tax transcripts, credit reports, income/employment, deposit/ mortgage/ rental verifications, flood certifications, subordinations, insurance policies, etc.
- Works with customers and Mortgage Loan Officers to ensure required documentation is collected and regulatory timelines are adhered to during the loan process.
- Shows interest and aptitude for an in-depth understanding of Portfolio, secondary market, and other investor guidelines.
- Submits loans through an Automated Underwriting System (AUS), analyzes findings, and submits files to Underwriting. Has the training and ability to clear some basic underwriting conditions.
- Assists Mortgage Loan Officers in clearing and understanding underwriting conditions, as well as obtaining final loan approval with lock expiration monitoring.
- Sets up working file for construction loans.
- Assists Mortgage Loan Officers and Post Closing Department on resolving loan file exceptions.
- Proficient use of the Bank's Loan Origination System (LOS), Outlook and other appropriate tools/resources to efficiently and accurately perform the job function.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 3 or more years' mortgage lending experience with processing or closing document preparation for conventional fixed and ARM products, FHA, RD, MSHDA and construction loans along with knowledge of secondary marketing guidelines.
- Advanced knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office Word and Excel required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in an office environment which may include many hours of computer and phone usage. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities can perform the essential functions.
We believe embracing human diversity makes us a better bank. We know it makes us better people.
Employees with dissimilar backgrounds, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles help us understand the motivations and desires of our many different customers. Thus, we will strive to maintain a workforce that reflects the increasing diversity of the communities we serve by ensuring equal employment opportunity for all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity), national origin, age, height, weight, disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, disabled or Vietnam era veteran, other forms of military status, marital status, or other protected characteristics.