MHV is a manufacturer, remanufacturer, and service provider for vacuum pumps located near Holland Mi. The Machinist position requires 5 plus years of experience in applied clerical functions. This is an exceptional opportunity for the qualified candidate who can expand their skills and grow with the position.
The position provides an opportunity for a skilled, self-motivated, and detail-oriented person to join an established, growing manufacturing company. MHV is a multi-disciplined company that provides its clients complete services in industrial vacuum system technology. Our in-house professionals include Engineers, Machinists, Welders, Planners, and Logistical personnel. Our teams develop innovative solutions for complex challenges and are dedicated to providing clients with the highest quality service. MHV has been in business for over 38 years and is serving some of the largest manufacturers in Aerospace, Medical, Automotive, Heat Treat and the Food Processing industries.
The Machinist operates a variety of manual and programs the four Mazak machines. This person is tasked with reading blueprints, setup, programming and production of very close tolerance parts.
- Setup and operate manual and CNC lathes, and mills.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Program machines on the shop floor.
- Determine reference points and direction of machine cutting paths.
- Operate overhead cranes to setup materials on machines.
- Use precision measuring instruments such as micrometers.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Background with G and M code programing
- Familiarity with conversational language found in Mazak.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to select or make the proper fixturing, select the proper tooling, inserts, speeds & feeds.
- Can analyze tooling wear to aid in improving operational performance
- Good problem-solving skills.
- High school diploma
- Trade school preferred
- 1-5 years machinist work history
Compensation & Benefits
- Dependent on experience.
- MHV offers medical with a quality insurance company and contributes to an HSA.
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability.
- 401K, Paid Personal Time Off, and Paid Holidays
Metallurgical High Vacuum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law