The DI Printing Press Operator performs manual and machine operator tasks related to the setup, maintenance and operations of various printing equipment. This individual is responsible for the productivity, quality, timeliness and cost control of work performed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain multi-color offset press.
- Perform all make-ready tasks associated with the type of press operated such as examine plates/cylinders for imperfections and checks for correct positioning of images, prepping blankets, adjusting tension and register etc.
- Make necessary color corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work.
- Monitor quality and perform all required testing, make any equipment adjustments necessary to ensure customer quality is achieved.
- Perform housekeeping and preventative maintenance duties on all machines and work area to maintain a neat and orderly environment.
- Must demonstrate initiative in maintaining process and product production as well as participating in making improvements to the production process.
- Read and understand work orders, layout sheets, and other specifications prior to starting the assigned job.
- Consistently produce smooth runs by using basic mechanical aptitude.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of work.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by direct Supervisor.
Convivial Brands Expectations of all Employees:
- Adheres to all Convivial Brands Policies and Procedures.
- Conducts self in a manner consistent with Convivial Brands’ Core Values at all times.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all contacts.
- Consistently reports to work on time and prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains the privacy of all company proprietary information.
- Treat visitors, vendors, customers, and team members with respect and dignity.
- Able to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are not any supervisory responsibilities.