The Machine Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of production machine for raw materials.
Schedule: Full Time: 6am-6pm, 12 hour schedule (36 hours/48 hours), every other weekend required.
Key Responsibilities: (Other duties, tasks, and projects as assigned)
* Follow all safety and quality guidelines with an elevated sense of urgency and attention to detail, ability to effectively communicate while indirectly leading team members in a fast-paced/high-volume production work environment.
* Responsible for a variety of daily production functions such as: safely and efficiently operating machinery; receiving, validating and signing off on raw materials; set up, prepare and maintain machinery for raw materials to continuously run; make minor adjustments or tweaks to machinery as needed.
* Communicate with team members to secure a steady and timely supply of raw materials, packaging, and totes to ensure production will not be interrupted.
* Lead and validate completion of Quality Assurance throughout the production process while communicating with team members and leadership.
* Initiate immediate Maintenance, Quality, Supervision Reviews for any suspect or defective materials, products and packaging.
* Accurately perform detailed and organized record keeping; run time, down time, in-put, out-put, quality/repair time, discarded material/waste, suspect/defective materials or products.
* Oversee and evaluate the training of new employees, identify additional training opportunities and aid in assigning others to complete additional tasks/projects as workloads fluctuate.
* Uphold standards for cleanliness and safe work environments, ensure your work areas meet these expectations.