The machine operator will be responsible for inspecting parts to specification and adjusting as necessary to maintain quality specifications. The machine operator will also be responsible for performing various tasks to operator, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance on assigned machines
Responsibilities and Duties
- To conduct yourself and your work with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Responsible for ensuring the production floor is clean at the end of your shift.
- Effectively read, understand, and follow written procedures in order to meet quality standards.
- Ensure that safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toe shoes are always worn while on production floor.
- Take care of all scrap material properly.
- Ensure that any light box only contains Helix (No trash, screws, etc).
- Be able to complete machine operator training within 3 months.
- Able to work independently.
- Be responsible for work tools. (Torque wrench, wire cutters, Allen wrench and T-Handle).
- Follow the break times as scheduled.
Competencies include the following:
- Attendance & Dependability – Individual can be depended on to report to work at scheduled time and seldom absent from work.
- Decision Making – Recognize issues, problems, or opportunities and determines whether action is needed. Includes other in decision-making process as warranted to obtain good information.
- Personal Development – Seeks and accepts additional responsibility for continuous learning and development.
- Quality of Work – Accepts responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Teamwork – Resolves any interpersonal issues arising that may jeopardize team success while communicating with team members.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Three to six-month related experience and/or training.
- Communication skills to work with team members
- Experience operating a Hilo preferred (not needed willing to train)
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds continuously.