The successful candidate for Desktop Publisher must be dependable and thorough in their work; will collect and organize information required for the preparation of military technical reports, technical publications, and other technical documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for conferring with technical writers, technical illustrators, and logistic analysts in developing publications.
- Ensure all deliverables meet contract/customer requirements.
- Assign tracking sheets to publications and work packages and maintain all hardcopy and electronic files, especially the master copies.
- Knowledgeable of the publication processes, including maintaining hardcopies of the latest applicable military specifications and understanding their impact.
- Responsible for integrating text, art, and tables into publications.
- Responsible for proofreading all materials produced to ensure material meets established standards for format and editorial content, prior to sending to the editor or quality control person.
- Provide input to develop and maintain project milestone schedules; and will prepare printing instructions for copy reproduction.
- May be assigned collateral duties in support of program(s).
- Must have excellent working knowledge of PC's to include working with Microsoft Office and Adobe software products.
- Prior military a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in Military/DoD environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
- Ability to read, write and speak English functionally.
- Must have working knowledge of military publications and specifications such as MIL-STD-40051-C, and MIL-HDBK-1222C.
- Must have working knowledge of XML tagging, use of Arbortext Editor, Epic Editor, or like authoring software.
- Proficiency in publishing software and/or knowledge of interactive electronic technical manual (IETM) development a distinct advantage. Working experience with IADS and EMS-NG software are a must.