Title: Cost Estimator
Reports to: Operations / Sales
Delta Gear is looking a Cost Estimator.
Work in Aerospace! We offer an outstanding work environment, competitive pay structure, great benefits and much more!
Summary / Objectives
The Cost Estimator analyzes part / component drawings and specifications in order to estimate the total labor time, raw material and outside special process service costs required to manufacture a gear related product, in support of a customer request for quote.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering requests for quotations (RFQ’s), customer drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Determines feasibility of project given current manufacturing equipment of all plants.
- Identifies raw material, manufacturing time and special processes required to produces parts by studying the customer RFQ, prints, specifications, and related documents.
- Send out RFQ’s to raw material and customer approved special process suppliers to support the Delta Gear cost estimate.
- Develop estimated manufacturing costs by determining the needed labor time requirements, raw material costs, outside special processing costs, etc., utilizing the company ERP software to generate total part cost and suggested selling prices.
- Also works with Manufacturing Engineering and Skilled Machinists on the shop floor to obtain the best, most accurate, information possible in support of quoting activity when needed.
- Develops detailed Tooling List and Engineering Time required to process the job and those associated costs in support of the proposal to the customer.
- Communicates internally with VP Sales, Sr Leadership, Engineering, Purchasing and externally with Customers and Special Process Suppliers as required.
- Maintains / updates quote cost estimates in ERP system.
- Other duties as needed.
- Strong knowledge of CNC machining and gear manufacturing processes is required: (CNC - Lathe, Milling and Cylindrical Grinding. CNC - Gear Hobbing / Shaping, Gear Grinding, and Gear Honing).
- Strong knowledge of primarily reading 2d customer prints.
- Knowledge of gear terminology print characteristics and machinability of alloys used in the aerospace and defense industry.
- Minimum of five years’ Cost Estimating Experience with Gears or complex Machined Parts.
- Knowledgeable of Carburizing, Nitriding, Plating, Shot Peen, Superfinishing, a plus.
- Aerospace Industry customer knowledge is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office applications required.
- Experience with estimating and quoting utilizing an ERP system is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required.
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
The Delta Family of Companies are an Equal Employment Opportunity.