Provides support activity to the Quality/ Engineering services team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create and Maintain Green Samples for Production Floor
- Conduct second party process verification audits (Assure that setup verification is being completed properly, inspection records filled out correctly, and part gages correctly).
- Assist with Intake of customer concerns as needed (complete initial containment and initial response documentation for each issue).
- Complete incoming inspection on Weld Nuts and Studs (Orders for this are every 6 months)
- Manage the Document control system (Document change orders)
- Filing Production inspection records on an annual basis
- Able to run the CMM as a backup operator (Calypso system). Ability to program for new part number is a plus
- Complete Weld Analysis for Weld Cell (Primary)
- Support Dennen’s Corrective Action Request process as assigned. Associate must have working knowledge of problem-solving skills. (ie: 8-D, 5-P KT)
- Collaborate with Purchasing / Materials department to issue Supplier CAR’s, and track closure of concerns.
- Support as needed supplier assessments and development activities.
- Responsible to manage and oversee the Nonconforming Material Area (cage) assuring the Dennen process is followed and transacted properly to maintain inventory accuracy and suspect material isolation. this includes.
- Oversee and facilitate the MRB meeting for both coil and parts (Get information gathered for rejects to send to suppliers) m/maintain NC report accuracy.
- Interact with incoming inspection for steel to enter in surface roughness test data. Obtain pictures and measurements of nonconforming material for coils.
- Receive and compile Containment data analysis the data and facilitate team meeting to determine what parts stay on and which come off using a data driven approach. Account for parts released to parts sorted/ scrapped to prevent escapes.
- Assists in quality decisions based on customer specifications.
- Assist with Outside calibration activities (process RFQ/purchase req, make necessary schedule arrangements, and on occasion deliver parts to calibration shop)
- Assist Senior Quality Engineer with PPAP’s activities (as assigned / needed) that come from either Dennen Launches or ECO’s.Provide assistance in trouble-shooting quality related issues.
- Understanding and working knowledge of job-related Quality System Policies, Procedures, and Instructions (including 5S).
IMPACT ON CUSTOMER QUALITY Failure to perform these activities will likely result in dissatisfaction to the internal/external customer.
- Could result in loss of customer satisfaction if duties are not performed correctly
- Negative impact on Dennen inventory accuracy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have working knowledge of how-to setup and complete GR&R’s.
- Be familiar with completing a PPAP to an AIAG standards.
- Can effectively communicate to all levels of management and to outside contacts in a professional manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in related field and/or three+ years’ experience.
- Must be familiar with IATF-16949 / ISO 9000 2015 quality system requirements and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate competency with data driven problem solving processes.
- Capable of operating CMM Calypso software. Proficient with GD&T interpretation, and metrology methods.
- ASQ certification(s) is a plus.
- Properly licensed to operate a Hilo in the state of MI.