Metro Health now the University of Michigan Health-West is looking for High Risk Oncology Genetics– PA/NP—Grand Rapids, MI
University of Michigan Health-West is seeking a full-time High Risk Oncology Genetics Advanced Practice Provider/Counselor to join our new and developing, multi-discipline team. High caliber, quality focused, innovative providers should apply to join our cancer care team of both physicians and advanced practice providers to expand and provide care to local communities. Michigan Medicine and University of Michigan Health systems create an opportunity for program collaboration, mentorship, and research if desired.
Provider candidate will be a part of The High Risk and Genetics Program that is designed to provide comprehensive assessment and management of patients who are at risk for a hereditary cancer and provide comprehensive genetic risk assessment for those who are at risk for or who have already been diagnosed with cancer.
Candidate will need to coordinate and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to ensure a positive experience for all patients, families, and staff.
MISSION, VISION, VALUES and CUSTOMER PROMISE
- MISSION: We are relentlessly advancing health to serve West Michigan.
- VISION: Our innovations change care. Our care changes lives.
- VALUES: Our values reflect our heritage and the legacy of all we’ve accomplished in the past and will build in the future. Caring, innovation, inclusion, integrity, teamwork
- CUSTOMER PROMISE: I will bring compassion and excellence to everything that I do.
· Assess for genetic and non-genetic risk factors that predispose to a variety of cancers
· Provide recommendations for and implementation of genetic testing
· Present cancer surveillance and management recommendations
· Deliver accurate and up-to-date information about cancer risk and risk reduction strategies
· Assist in the screening and early detection of hereditary cancer
· Provide information and education to patients regarding related health issues
· Serve as an expert resource on high-risk cancer and genetics for both patients and clinicians
- Be part of a comprehensive; multi-disciplinary oncology service line including network access to subspecialties including but not limited to Radiation Oncology, Neuro Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology
- Health system employed medical group model, offering a highly market competitive and non-academic compensation plan
- Expansive Cancer Network serving much of the West Michigan region and Lake Michigan shoreline
- Extensive Primary Care referral network
- Full complement of cancer care ancillary support staff and programs; Infusion, Care Management, Social Work, Nurse Navigation, Nurse triage, Research, Clinical Trials Laboratory, Pharmacy
- Program marketing
- Affiliation with the University of Michigan and access to the UM Rogel Cancer Center
- Preferred Experience: Oncology experience preferred (cancer genetics and/or cancer risk assessment & screening)
- Preferred Certification: Certification in genomic cancer risk assessment preferred
ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN HEALTH-WEST:
University of Michigan Health-West serves more than 250,000 patients annually from across West Michigan – and beyond. In addition to a 208-bed hospital, which provides a comprehensive suite of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services, University of Michigan Health-West has a growing number of neighborhood outpatient centers and offices throughout West Michigan. The University of Michigan Health Partners group aims to provide an innovative culture of inclusion and diversity in the work setting; along with a progressive work-life integration focus to achieve the best possible patient outcomes. Medical education is a key cornerstone to our continued innovation at UMHW, offering seven different residency programs and one fellowship program to over 80 learners. With more than 500 physicians on staff, University of Michigan Health-West provides a strategic roadmap of growth in all areas of the integrated healthcare system. Specifically, continued growth in our Cancer Care, Heart and Vascular care, Neurosciences, and Orthopedics; partnered with continued growth of a very strong primary care team has allowed UMHW to become the premier healthcare institution in the region and a regional referral center for care. UMHP/UMH-West is proud to serve a diverse patient population; with that, the ideal candidate for this position would have experience working with culturally diverse patients and be fluent in any of the following languages: English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Nepali and Bosnian.
ABOUT THE CANCER NETWORK OF WEST MICHIGAN:
The recent agreement to develop The Cancer Network of West Michigan, a joint venture between University of Michigan Health- Michigan Medicine, University of Michigan Health-West and Trinity Health leverages the combined resources and capabilities of the two West Michigan health systems and Michigan Medicine, the academic medical center of the University of Michigan. The Cancer Network of West Michigan encompasses three West Michigan campuses including: University of Michigan Health-West located in Wyoming, MI, Trinity Health Saint Mary’s located in Grand Rapids, MI and Trinity Health Mercy Muskegon located in Muskegon, MI.
- University of Michigan affiliated hospital system
- Located in beautiful West Michigan
- 15 minutes from Gerald R. Ford International Airport
- Approximately 35 minutes from Lake Michigan
- Affordable housing in both suburban and rural settings