We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This position serves our customers by hand-building pallets of product and loading product onto trailers according to established company and customer standards.
- Reads pick sheets and travel to proper warehouse locations using a pallet jack.
- Picks proper product type and quantity, labels products and places on a pallet and loads the pallet on trucks according to proper zone, location, and established standards.
- Handles products and build pallets according to established food safety procedures (e.g. visual inspection of the product for damages, proper placement on pallets to minimize cross-contamination and damage).
- Ensures that the warehouse is maintained cleanly and safely according to company standards; takes appropriate corrective actions when a spill or damaged case is discovered; disposes of trash and recycling in proper receptacles.
- Communicates with the management team regarding any issues (e.g. products, out of stocks, safety issues, food safety concerns).
- Operates all company warehouse equipment (e.g. forklifts, pallet jacks, scanners) safely, according to company standards.
- Reports all equipment issues to a member of the management team.
- Completes all paperwork and utilizes a wearable computer to properly track time spent on assignments for productivity reporting.
- Works assigned schedule exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as needed to meet workload demands.
- Other duties as assigned by management.