- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-year warehouse related experience and/or training.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must pass a functional capacity test.
- Must work independently with minimal supervision, and have strong attention to details.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Certification on material handling equipment or the ability to become certified.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Read and write simple correspondence.
- Speak effectively with co-workers and in small group settings.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and the ability to deal with standardized situations with occasional variables.
The working conditions and physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Usually required to stand and walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk and hear.
- Required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, occasionally lift an/or move between 41 and 50 pounds, and seldom lift and/or move 51 pounds and up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This is a full-time position.
- The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work (days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some holidays.
- Work hours may vary or change based on departmental requirements.
- The job is primarily performed in a warehouse environment.
- Regularly exposed to fast-moving material handling equipment or other mechanical equipment.
- Frequently exposed to freezer/cooler warehouse environments.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, vehicle emissions, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and high voltage electrical equipment and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.