The Collation and/or Sorting Team Lead position is responsible for directly supervising and coordinating the daily production activities of either the collation or sorting department.
- Ensure the daily history sheets, manufacturing packs and all other related paperwork are filled out accurately
- Record all data, using up-to-date forms and internal systems
- Update machine status report
- Manage team schedules/distribute new jobs to the work area
- Electronically process finished goods through a centralized business software system (SYSPRO)
- Consult with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Ensure that all machines run to their maximum potential in order to reduce unplanned stops and tooling changeover times
- Coordinate and assist preventive maintenance duties with machine repair group
- Train new team members on work instructions and forms per process control plan
- Address any employee related issues that come up during the shift, with assistance from department supervisor / manager, as needed.
- Assist operators with technical machine issues throughout the day
- Work with other Henrob Group companies on technical issues
- Understand and create daily schedule to meet forecast shipping requirements.
- Ensure daily production targets are met
- Use work orders and other documentation to sort & package mechanical fasteners
- Participate in the interviewing of new production operators
- Manage proper stock of critical raw materials
What you can expect from us?
We offer a family friendly and collaborative work environment, competitive and comprehensive pay and benefits packages, including choices in medical/dental/vision, life insurance, wellness programs, vacation and paid holidays, and an outstanding 401k with company match.
- Climate controlled work environment
- Marketplace cafeteria
- Covid safe work plans that include socially distant machines and departments
- Web-based interviews
- Shift start times that avoid most commute traffic
- 4-6 week training program to insure you are well prepared for the job
- Promotional opportunities
What we expect of you?
- Minimum 6 months machine operator experience preferred.
- Preference for at least 1 year experience in a lead role in a manufacturing environmnent.
- Able to perform tooling changeovers
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full understanding of Safety and Quality procedures
- Knowledge and working experience with Windows XP/7. Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of arithmetic, and basic algebra
- Professional approach and team oriented
- 2nd Shift, 2:00pm-10:00pm
- Overtime as required
EDUCATION OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (AS APPLICABLE):
- Grip, push and pull carts loaded with parts
- Lift and position parts weighing up to approximately 50lbs (periodically)
- Perform repetitive motions 15-50 times per hour (depending on assigned work station)
- Standing up for duration of the shift
- Color vision necessary to ensure parts are properly coded.
Start a journey of endless opportunities
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology and great ideas enable us to innovate for the future.
We believe that passionate people make it happen. You are a brand ambassador and our face towards our customers. With us you drive your own professional journey and you are empowered to act.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.