U.P. Plumbers, Pipefitters & HVACR Technicians, Local 111 is accepting applications from September 5th-October 13th, for the Plumber/Pipefitter Apprenticeship Program. Looking for dependable individuals interested in becoming part of a team of professionals in an industry that has a direct impact on infrastructure, public safety, convenience, health, and comfort. Candidates must be willing to travel away from home for extended periods for work, attend mandatory classes (216 hours per year), and work varying shifts, in varying climates including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
Requirement for application submission September 5th-October 13th at Upper Peninsula Michigan Works Service Centers:
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Complete Apprenticeship Application Form #1 (Must be entirely completed, any missing information and/or signatures will disqualify the application)
- Applicants shall provide qualifying test scores for the following tests:
- Work Keys Graphic Literacy
- Work Keys Workplace Documents
- Work Keys Applied Mathematics
Applicants must achieve a combined average of 5.33 along with a combined score of eighty percent (80%) correct on all three (3) exams in order to be scheduled for an interview. The applicant will bear the cost of the ACT Work Keys tests in the amount of $39.00.
- Previous WorkKeys Test Scores will be accepted with proper documentation, i.e. high school testing or from prior job applications
- Provide Driver's License for proof of age or Birth Certificate and Social Security Card
- Provide Transcript showing attendance in final year of/or completion of high school or equivalent
- Applicant must have the ability to pass a background check and drug/alcohol screening
- Provide DD-214 if a veteran and desire consideration for military service or experience
ALL APPLICANTS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO A BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG/ALCOHOL SCREEN
Please note that any and all documents must be valid and complete with ALL information as this is the first step in the reviewing process. If there are any missing signatures, incomplete forms or missing documentation, the application may be denied for the next step within the application process.
Qualified applicants will be required to complete a series of assessment tests, those who achieve an acceptable score will then be scheduled for an interview. You will be notified via certified mail of your status and/or further instruction within 30 days of the last date of application acceptance.