This is a full-time position located in Lake Odessa. Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position.
Note this position does not provide any type of relocation assistance.
Cargill Protein-Eggs is a leading marketer of high value, further-processed egg products. With four processing facilities in Minnesota, Iowa and Michigan, Protein-Eggs customers include premier quick-service restaurant chains as well as food manufacturers. We are dedicated to providing our customers with innovative and distinctive solutions, including refrigerated and frozen liquid eggs, egg patties, omelets, French Toast, and diced and hard cook eggs.
40% Accountable for the production of food safe products in a fast paced manufacturing environment; including but not limited to work with electrical systems, refrigeration systems, plumbing, manufacturing equipment, boiler operation, water quality, waste water, and complete work orders, projects, preventative maintenance, water quality inspection procedures testing by making adjustments in a timely manner. Technician will be using electrical control diagrams to troubleshoot equipment failures. This role will be rebuilding, replacing or troubleshooting equipment such as PD (Positive Displacement) pumps, centrifugal pumps (Single and double mechanical seal), valving (multidirectional, rack and pinion blocking valves, solenoid controlled etc), motors (c faced primarily). Technician will be responsible for maintaining equipment such as conveyors, drives, vertical and horizonal form sealing, ovens, freezers, tapers, box makers, metal detectors, case packers and palatizing robots. Position should be capable of completing all maintenance tasks performed with little to no assistance from other technicians.
20% Complete all paperwork pertaining to work orders, service call reports and purchase requisitions, initiate purchase requisitions for parts and document shift events, problems and repairs or actions taken. All documentation is done within SAP.
10% Position will perform general plant and grounds maintenance including tasks such as painting, caulking, office repairs, general cleanup and landscaping.
10% As a maintenance tech level 2, this position will be at times asked to assist or teach other technicians
10% Maintain adherence to all Corporate Environmental Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
5% This position shall have the responsibility to report problems with the food safety management system to identified person(s). This position has the responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions. Acquire and maintain knowledge of HACCP/OPRP/PRP (GMP) policies and requirements to complete all monitoring and/or verifications tasks as outlined in the Food Safety Management.
5% Other duties as assigned by manager
All job duties may be revised by the supervisor when necessary to accommodate business needs. The descriptions are general guidelines of expectations but may not include all responsibilities of the position.
- 3 years of Industrial Maintenance experience or completion of technical college degree in related field.
- Willingness and ability to complete the following trainings and obtain license or certification: boiler license, forklift license, ammonia specific refrigeration training and certification
- Availability to work outside of normal shift up to including weekend and off shift hours as needed.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Have own tools.
- Understand industrial, electrical and controls.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces
- Must be able to operate machinery
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment
- Ability to work overtime
- Must be able to perform maintenance trades including mechanical maintenance
- Able to perform maintenance trades including: electrical, welding, pipefitting, and fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems and hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Ability to rebuild and repair pump valve cylinders, gear reducers, self-aligning bearings, and other related components.
- TIG welding experience.
- Work history in the last 12 months
- Basic computer skills.
- 5 years maintenance experience.
- Food manufacturing experience.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Production experience
- Prior experience in production related work.
- PLC Controls Experience
- Accreditation in relevant fields: Electrical, Controls, Mechanical, Welding, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Lubrication, Pipefitting