Work closely with Michigan Works! West Central staff.
Work closely with employers, job seekers, partners and visitors.
- Minimum: Associate’s Degree or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of Michigan Works! services and knowledge of all workforce development resources.
- Experience in working with community, public and non-profit organizations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, staff, employers, partners, on-site supervisors, the general public and appropriate state agencies, keeping customer satisfaction as a guiding factor.
- Work history with demonstrated success in taking initiative, follow through, professionalism, problem solving and teamwork.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Software, multi-line telephone system, email management and electronic presentation skills are required for this position.
- Attend relevant trainings, conferences, and statewide meetings as requested. Travel may be required.
- Social work, or case management experience preferred.
- Strong technology skills are required to be able to develop, collect and manage databases and maintain accurate records.
- Must be well organized and able to prioritize.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and be flexible enough to reprioritize in order to meet deadlines.
- Consistently provide a good example of appearance, work ethic and customer service to customers served.
- Able to work with diverse population.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work with customers, staff, employers, on-site supervisors, and the general public.
- Understanding of job search activities, local community resources, labor market information and career development.
- Bi-lingual communication abilities preferred but not required
- Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Must be able to work in office and remotely.
- Desirable: Bachelor’s Degree in business, social work, human resources, information technology or related field.
- Minimum: One to three years of experience in some combination of the above fields.
- Desirable: Three or more years of experience in a variety of the above stated fields. NOTE: Any equivalent combination of education, training or experience which provides the required knowledge, abilities and skills will be considered.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position.