Why join Natural Choice Foods?
There has never been a more exciting time to work for Natural Choice Foods. Come be part of a company that is growing and expanding into new lines of business. You will be joining a culture focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career.
Our new facility in Marne, Michigan features a variety of work environments to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration.
We are home to dynamic and hardworking employees dedicated to quality, communication, collaboration, and integrity.
We take care of our team and their families. We offer competitive pay including an incentive program and generous benefits that include medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K match, paid time off and holidays, employee discounts, and life insurance.
We nurture professional growth and development and have coaching and mentoring programs that allow our employees to thrive professionally and personally.
We are proud to celebrate successes and give back to the community that supports us!
Do you think you are the right person for the job? Then we would want to hear from you! Apply now!
Natural Choice Foods is a full-service, solutions-oriented buyer of closeout and overstock inventory with over 20 years in the food industry. As a solution to inventory and overstock dilemmas, we turn overstock into opportunity! We have a broad reach of customers in the secondary markets – discount stores, foodservice outlets, and correctional facilities – across a wide geography. Natural Choice Foods is firmly committed to food safety and traceability.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Safe operation of lift trucks (stand-up, sit-down, and walk rider units)
- Safe operation of manual pallet jacks
- Maintain warehouse in a safe, clean, orderly, and aesthetically pleasing manner (i.e., sweeping, mopping, organizing, picking up debris off the floor)
- Assess and Ensure work completion at the end of the shift
- Review orders for shipment and assemble the correct products to be shipped
- Load and unload trucks and semi-trailers with a forklift and/or pallet jack, moving the product in and out of the warehouse
- Stack and store product in appropriate areas according to established sequences and procedures using the proper equipment
- Organize the workload for the day
- Ensure items are stored in an orderly, accessible, and safe temperature zone
- Checking equipment to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order
- Assist as otherwise requested
- Regular Attendance required
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
The work is generally performed in a freezer and cooler with conditions anywhere from -10 to 60 degrees. (Proper gear supplied by Natural Choice Foods)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks.
Required Educational Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to speak, write, read and follow instructions, correspondence, and memorandums in English
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse company employees and customers/suppliers in a friendly and efficient manner
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to management and other employees of the organization
- Ability to communicate effectively with Truck drivers about deliveries and returns
- Communicate with Sales regarding orders and trucking logistics
- Must be 18 years of age
Preferred Educational Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing Principles and Practices
- Safety Management
- Lift truck experience
PLEASE NOTE: This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and the Company reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.