Join the Hospitality Team at Meijer Gardens and be part of a top-notch events facility! Meijer Gardens recently received awards in the categories of Best Meeting/Event Venue (Outside of Detroit Metro, No Hotel) and Best Summertime Venue from Michigan Meetings + Events Magazine. Our servers play a key role in our wide range of events - including high-end social events, corporate meetings, weddings, and family parties. We offer flexible schedules and a fun, collaborative work environment.
Position Summary: Responsible for setting up, stocking, serving and dismantling catering and/or beverage services for the Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Parks’ Food and Beverage Department. Required to work independently as well as with effective direction and support for other staff members, volunteers, and vendors.
Provide guest centric service for food and beverage related events
· Follow work assignments/ instructions provided by supervisor
· Read and follow instructions for all food and beverage event set ups
· Serve guests according to floor service layout and organization’s guiding principles
· Clear dining areas and check on guests’ experience
· Assist with Amphitheater food and beverage services
Coordinate and document beverage inventory use and accounting information in connection with beverage service
· Maintain beginning and ending inventory sheets for beverage service
· Secure cash for registers and count tills prior to starting service
· Operate cash registers and record sales
· Balance registers at close of each event
· Rotate inventory and stock supplies
Monitor and maintain cleanliness and general organization of facilities and equipment
· Maintain clean work areas, equipment and service locations
· Wash china, glassware, flatware and other equipment related to assigned events
· At conclusion of each event, put away equipment and products used in proper locations
Contribute to a positive team approach by working collaboratively with both front and back of house
Assist with ensuring all applicable regulations, ordinances, codes, and laws are followed i.e., MDHHS, MLCC and any other governing municipals.
Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All candidates are required to submit to our background and drug screening process.