In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. These safety precautions also include limiting the onsite workforce to production essential workers. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
Due to our automated system and software, please use an active email address when creating your login profile and screen your spam and junk mail, as our emails tend to be placed in those mailboxes.
Within General Mills, our manufacturing facilities are committed to achieving zero human and food safety incidents and it is every employee's responsibility to fully support this vision. Manufacturing Production are hired as members of a manufacturing team. They are responsible for the support of various processing and packaging equipment operations throughout the facility.
The General Mills Reed City Plant operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 2nd shift is 3p-11p, 3rd shift is 11p-7a with 4 hours overtime possible at start or end of shift. Changes in volume and production requirements can result in changes in work schedule and additional overtime. Manufacturing Production must be willing to work any shift including nights and weekends. Newly hired employees into this position will have bidding opportunities to a different position after 9 months and may occasionally have shift and/or days off schedule changes according to business need until a bid is received.
The starting wage for aManufacturing Production position is $20.49 per hour. General Mills also offers shift differential payment for those working off-shift. Additionally we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and pension.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Be responsible for the storage of raw material, ingredients or finished product
- Select, prepare and load product for outbound shipment per customer specifications
- Demonstrate a strong customer service mindset
- Stage and deliver raw materials to support production needs
- Unload inbound ingredients/packaging materials for production including bulk deliveries
- Perform all sanitation tasks for shipping and receiving areas
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase platform performance
- Assists in training new employees
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have or be willing to obtain a forklift license
- Proficiency in basic computer skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs as required by this position, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Must be able to sit/stand on a forklift for sustained periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to wear protective clothing and equipment such as safety shoes, face masks, safety glasses, hearing protection, a hard hat, a hair/beard net and gloves when required
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in hot, cold, noisy, dusty, wet environmental working conditions
- Ability to work with allergens that might be present in a food environment
- Willing to work around industrial high speed moving machinery
- 1+ years of experience in a material handling environment
- Previous experience with electronic inventory systems (Red Prairie/SAP)
- Demonstrated leadership ability
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best - bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together.Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surroundingourselves with peoplewho are hungry for what's next.
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.