Michigan Gas Utilities, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking a Fitter/Operator at our Allegan, MI location.
The Fitter/Operator performs construction, operation and maintenance of MGU natural gas distribution system(s).
- Operates and makes repairs to equipment such as trenching machines, backhoes, tractors, trucks, winches, etc.
- Assists in the installation and repair of all types, sizes and pressures of gas mains and services.
- Perform valve maintenance and leak survey/leak repairs of the gas system.
- Staking/locating of the gas system.
This position must provide standby services on a rotating basis and respond to after hour emergencies.
- High School Diploma, HSED, or GED
- 1+ years operation of construction equipment
- Valid Drivers License
- Must have or obtain and maintain valid CDL. Expectation is to pass the CDL written test within 90 days and obtain the CDL within 180 days of accepting position
- Must live within or move within a 15 mile radius of Allegan work center within 90 days of start date
- Plumbing and/or pipe fitting experience
- Outside construction activities/working in all weather conditions
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Michigan Gas Utilities
MI - Allegan
All qualified candidates, including minorities, women, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.