Safari Circuits is a dynamic and growing business, a strategic partner to our customers and a great place to work. We manufacture Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs) for the global electronics market. Our Printed Circuit Boards are used in many applications, including medical devices, automotive and industrial.
We currently have an opening for a Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineer at our Otsego, MI location.
Job Summary: As a growing business focused on demanding markets, we are always looking for ways to improve our products and processes. Reporting to the Director of Quality, the Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineer will work across functions, developing and using data to prioritize; initiate and drive continuous improvement projects.
- Support and provide Quality expertise for new program development, as required, including submittal of customer PPAP’s and maintaining the PPAP samples.
- Work with Cross Functional team members to Develop Control Plans, PFMEA’s, and Process Flow Charts.
- Manage the calibration system.
- Take beginning to end ownership of several continuous improvement projects. Use data and six sigma methods to drive the improvements necessary to meet our objectives for quality and efficiency.
- Be a leader in solving problems, breaking barriers and promoting a continuous improvement philosophy.
- Investigate and solve the most challenging customer quality concerns and apply effective corrective actions.
- Administrate the cost of poor quality (CoPQ) tracking system.
- Support the quality management system through quality risk assessments; careful documentation and internal quality audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Six Sigma green belt certification or higher preferred.
- Three years’ experience leading lean manufacture programs and Kaizen events.
- Five years working in a manufacturing environment, preferably in electronics.
- Familiarity with Automated Inspection equipment.
- An ability to communicate effectively with all levels and work collaboratively across multiple business functions.
- A focus on sustained improvement by solving the problems that drive higher customer satisfaction and better business results.
If interested, please email your resume to: HR@safaricircuits.com