At Safari Circuits, we are a dynamic and growing business, a strategic partner to our customers and a great place to work. We manufacture Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs) and final assemblies for the global electronics market. Our PCBAs are used in many applications, including medical devices, automotive and industrial.
The Purchasing Manager will oversee and direct the activities of the purchasing department.
- Hires and manages the Purchasing staff as needed.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Monitors daily purchasing activity through departmental metrics.
- Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop requirements for materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
- Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
- Prepares and presents market conditions and merchandise cost reports.
- Adjusts standard costs and lead-times.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders for materials and supplies.
- Drafts, explains, and implements instructions, policies, and procedures for purchasing and contract management.
- Evaluates and approves conditions for issuing and awarding bids.
- Resolves grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Maintains and/or implements purchasing and recordkeeping systems.
- Acts as the company’s representative in negotiations with suppliers.
- Coordinates removal or disposal of surplus materials.
- Administers the departmental budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership abilities to effectively train others.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Understanding of business and management principles.
- Thorough understanding of materials and supplies used in electronics manufacturing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in related field required.
- At least three years of experience in related field required.
If interested, please email your resume to: HR@safaricircuits.com
Equal Opportunity Employer