The Test Development Engineer role is highly multidisciplinary, and their primary responsibilities are to develop test strategies, costs and compliance to requirements for new product and business opportunities. This individual will be tasked with collaborating with test engineers on test equipment design and test execution efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist business development and pricing teams with scoping and estimating effort for potential new customers
- Participate in the process of detailed technical planning and discussions
- Develop system verification and validation test requirements to ensure products meet system specification and performed this in a leadership role.
- Assist with development of test ware, test plans & procedures to implement requirements.
- Assist with defining qualification test plans and procedures to ensure product meets requirements.
- Interface with designers and validate their outputs.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Manager
- BS in Engineering or related field
- Minimum 2 years Engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience using AutoCad, SolidWorks or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Experience in reviewing technical data packages including drawings, schematics and bill of materials
- Excellent Problem Solving, Statistical and Analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong Project Management skills
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to travel 25% of the time