The primary purpose of your job position is to provide assistance in all dining service functions as directed and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Disclaimer: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the individual in this position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary or appropriate by management.
- Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity Health and Trinity Senior Living Communities in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) Sanctuary Values to all internal and external customers (residents, visitors, volunteers, and associates.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm environment throughout the community.
- Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TSLC.
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures, and as instructed by your supervisors. Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing your assigned tasks.
- Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies. Prepare food etc., in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as our established policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel as well as with other departments within the community to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents..
- Serves meals timely and that are palatable and appetizing in appearance. Performs proper setting of tables. Set up meal trays, food cards, dining room, etc. Serves resident meals in the dining room, private dining room and delivers trays to resident’s rooms/apartments.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures. Assure that utensils, etc. are readily available for next meal. Follow safety regulations and precautions at all time.
- Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that department is maintained in clean and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, in-service training, mandatory annual in-service training and educational classes as required/needed.
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the community policies and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- On-the-job training provided.
- Previous experience in food service preferred.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of dietary service areas; must perform regular inspections of dietary service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred.
- Must possess superior customer service skills and professionalism.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills as well as follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal and relationship building skills to work in a cross-functional team as well as the ability to work with residents based on their cognitive ability.
- Self-starter, highly motivated with a high productivity level.
- Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and strong decision making abilities.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the organization.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIRMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to adapt to frequently changing work parameters.
- Must be able to see, hear and smell or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Primarily works inside with frequent kneeling, crouching, reaching, lifting, sitting, walking, bending and lifting. Must be able to push, pull, move and or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 3 ½ feet and be able to push, pull, move and or carry such weight a minimum distance of 10 feet. May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents in emergency situations.
- Physical mobility that includes movement from place to place.
- Physical agility, that includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot.
Must possess the above ability with or without the use of prosthetics that will enable adequate functionality so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Subject to exposure to noise, infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc. including TB, HIV, HEP B viruses. May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile individuals within the community. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the work place.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this community, which include a medical and physical examination.
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and other positions temporarily when necessary and may be subject to call back during emergency conditions. May be required to work on shifts other then those which originally hired.