About this Opportunity
Part of Herman Miller's Data and Analytics group, the Data Academy Lead is not your typical Business Intelligence role. The Data AcademysupportsHerman Miller in continuing to use data to drive decisions and will be the link between data and the business, providing direction to Data Engineers on data models, developing data visualization and reports, and working with the business to educate, advise, and enhance reporting capabilities and analytical insights. You'll to interact and work across many areas of our B2B and B2C organization with opportunities to learn about different areas of the business as well as to be creative in how you are able to drive value and show impact.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Analyzedatasets via SQL to unravel data integrity issues and help troubleshoot data problems.
- Assistin administrative tasks to maintain Business Intelligence platforms.
- Be a self-service advocate.
- Developbusiness partnerships, enableaccess to their data, and helpeducate and turn insights into action.
- Developdata visualizations,dashboards, andreports using Tableau or Business Objects.
- Gatherand refinereporting requirements from business stakeholders.
- Planand coordinateuser acceptance test (UAT) for BI/Reporting solution while collaborating with business stakeholders and product owners.
- Providedirection to the business on how to evolve current capabilities.
- Providetraining and documentation to increase the development of self-service capabilities and the businesses understanding.
- Supportdata engineering with requirements to support data modeling and metadata layer.
- Collaborate with the data team to suggestion solutions for continuous improvements in data quality and management.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Finance, Information Technology, Business Analytics, or a relatedfield.
- Two years of experience working with modern data and analytics teams in high-growth, high-performance environments.
- Two years of business intelligence experience.
- Advanced SQL and Tableau development skills.
- Experience developing dynamic and parameterized reports and dashboards that renderper business inputs.
- Experience developing custom calculations in reports anddashboards that leverage pre-defined date, string, mathematical, and statistical functions.
- Experience performance tuning reports, dashboards, and SQL queries by analyzing various dependent parameters.
- Experience using other data visualizing or reporting platforms a plus.
- Experience designing and developing insightful business dashboard and reports.
- Problem-solving skillsto visualize business user problems and devise creative BI solutions with the least resistant path.
- A passion for data and ways to visualizeit.
- Knowledge of the current retail landscape andtrends associated and business models that are influencing retail market (a plus).
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skillsand the abilityto present complex concepts in a concise and understandable way.
- High ownership and accountability for assigned projects andtasks and the ability tomeettight timelines.
- Exceptional problem-solving skillsand the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.