Provides hospitality and supportive services to the Nutrition Services Department, clinical dietitian, individual nursing units, and the patients.
Responsibilities and Duties
Maintains accurate records of patient diet orders. Interviews patients and families for food preferences and menu selections and coordinates with current diet orders. Passes and picks up trays in a timely manner if needed, documents food consumption, and completes floor stock tallies. Promotes good customer relations between patients, patient care staff, visitors, and the Nutrition Services Department. Operates cash register and performs outstanding customer service. Processes sales quickly, accurately and efficiently via cash register system, including transactions for payment by Cash, Credit/Debit card, Vouchers, ID Badge or Gift Card. Safeguards company assets.
Performs all other tasks as directed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred: ServSafe Certified or completion of certificate within six months of hire
- Preferred: One year of food service experience, Guest Services background. Order taking via the phone and order entry of selections into the computer.
Shows how to use (through a competency assessment) a standard desktop and windows based computer system, including a basic understanding of email, e-learning, intranet and computer navigation. Ability to use other software as required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing 3 to 4 hours at a time, must be alert, work well with others, like working with the public.
- Bend, twist, reach and walk (70%-90% of the time).
- Push and pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds (15% of the time).
- Lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds (15% of the time).Perform detailed tasks (50% of the time).
- Work with frequent interruptions (80%-100% of the time) and changing priorities (50%-75% of the time).
Hear speech, speak softly and loudly, utilize near/far vision and fine motor skills.