The Technical Nutrition Agronomist (TNA) will be responsible for supporting crop advisors within the Western South sales territory. The TNA will assist in developing sound nutritional strategies for customers within the geography; specifically, proper product selection and use based on agronomic needs. TNA will also provide agronomic training and educational opportunities to the Western South field staff.
- Develop/optimize existing value-added nutritional offerings.
- Be an active member of the Western South Field Development Team and work in unison with the Marketing Manager.
- Work as a team member to help identify new key customers, understand their business, determine their needs and develop nutritional plans and actions for sales territory growth.
- Communicate with Director of Sales and District Sales Manager, the nutritional initiatives, objectives, strategies, and action plans.
- Work as a team member in the analysis and optimization of the Wilbur Ellis nutritional data base.
- Assist District Sales Manager in the development of an annual business plan that optimizes growth in our nutritional segment and profitability for the territory.
- Assist District Sales Manager in implementing nutritional marketing and sales plans; establish and meet R&D goals; and network with industry representatives, sales staff, and branded product personnel to expand sales opportunities.
- Assist in the development of new plant nutrition products.
- Build product and market knowledge to add understanding and credibility.
- Become primary contact between customers and Wilbur-Ellis Company field staff in developing and executing an integrated nutritional strategy that optimizes our customer's goals.
- Strictly follow all company policies which include safety & regulatory.
- Participate in industry grower meetings, promoting the sound science and data base of Wilbur Ellis' nutritional offerings and strategies.
Skills and Qualifications Desired:
- Good interpersonal and team-building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationships with field personnel, peers and customers.
- Bachelor's degree in soil science, or agronomy crop production.
- 4 years' experience or education is preferred.
- Knowledge of agricultural production and sound soil science.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills to small and large groups with an ability to lead and influence
- Detail and accuracy orientation with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Willingness to travel
- Physically able to endure outdoor climates including hot or cold weather extremes.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of fertilizers (dry and liquid).
- Proficient with computers utilizing Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual Salary commensurate with experience.
- Opportunity to earn a performance-based bonus based on results
- All applicable company benefits including a company vehicle
If you are an internal WE employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyedover ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Agronomist Agriculture Agronomy Woodland PCAAgronomist Agriculture Agronomy Woodland PCAAgronomist Agriculture Agronomy Woodland PCAAgronomist Agriculture Agronomy Woodland PCAAgronomist Agriculture Agronomy Woodland PCAAgronomist Agriculture Agronomy Woodland PCAAgronomist Agriculture Agronomy Woodland PCAAgronomist Agriculture Agronomy Woodland PCAAgronomist Agriculture Agronomy Woodland PCAAgronomist
Bachelors of Agronomy (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Wilbur-Ellis Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer