Ground Service Equipment Mechanic
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, holidays and 401k with employer match
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Ground Service Equipment Mechanic is responsible for maintaining, inspecting, and repairing on various types of mechanical equipment and facilities.
- Inspect, maintain, and repair ground services equipment used in the support of operations.
- Perform all scheduled preventative maintenance for GSE
- Independently perform basic diagnostic and troubleshooting procedures using test equipment, applicable manuals, and industry resources
- Perform corrective repairs
- Work according to company regulations and procedures and instructions from lead, supervisor, or manager.
- Complete forms connected with work assignments
- Ability to operate fork lift and tow equipment
- Ensure to clean up any oil spills after working on equipment
- Dispose of used fluids in proper location
- Must be willing to occasionally perform other duties not associated with maintenance, such as aircraft fueling and deicing, cargo loading and unloading, and airline and charter ground operations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a Ground Service Equipment mechanic
- Communication skills
- Ability to read and work from diagrams
- Ability to work under pressure
- Paint and body experience preferred
- Must have own roll-a-way tool box and meet minimum tool requirements
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School diploma or GED equivalent,
- 2 years related experience, Aviation experience a plus
- Must pass background check, pre-employment drug test, have valid Driver's license with a good driving record within company standards
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment
Airport environment: Indoors and Outdoors. Extreme outdoor conditions where extreme temperature ranges may be encountered.
Apply online at www.avflight.com