You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work at Herman Miller as a Herman Miller Cares, Senior Program Manager and make both.
About this Opportunity
You will have project management oversight of philanthropic partnerships and programs, including Volkema Scholarship/Herman Miller Cares Scholarship awards, Foundation Board presentation materials, and gathering impact data and global results for Better World report. In this position, you'll develop strategic presentations and storytelling threads based on our philanthropic activity and impact results that inform Herman Miller Group employees and connect to our corporate strategy and goals.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as someone who . . .
- Cultivating collaboration and developing strategic relationships with Better World functional leads and all Herman Miller Group companies worldwide to ensure alignment with corporate Better World goals
- Assessing and recommending action on formal applications and ongoing employee requests around programs and initiatives involving grants, sponsorships, fundraising, volunteering, and/or stakeholder engagement
- Engaging as part of a team assigned to research and oversee the development, implementation, and ongoing oversight of a global volunteer tracking system
- Gathering data and maximizing the use of the Cybergrants database collection and reporting capabilities to measure, inform, and drive philanthropic and corporate giving decisions
- Informing and inspiring internal and external stakeholders through presentations and strategic storytelling that connect our giving to our brand, using digital platforms in close collaboration with Corporate Communication/Marketing teams across Herman Miller Group
- Providing advice and/or counsel to organizations and employees to understand our mission, goals, and decision-making criteria to ensure philanthropic programs and corporate giving requests align with corporate strategy, are fiscally responsible, and achieve the desired impact
- Providing oversight or project management when necessary for philanthropic and/or corporate giving initiatives
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- Bachelor's Degree business, marketing, social work, or a related field: or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Years
- A sincere belief and commitment to our corporate purpose and values
- Understanding of the social and economic forces that affect communities and families disproportionately and an authentic desire to impact social change
- Exceptionally strong Interpersonal skills demonstrating empathy, credibility, and integrity and the ability to connect and build trust with a broad and diverse range of individuals, including all levels of employee, corporate executives, nonprofits, and community organizations
- Written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Expertise on major technology and social media platforms with an understanding of how these platforms integrate with existing systems
- Understanding of basic financial principles and the ability to interpret foundation and corporate giving financial reports monthly and annually to assess progress and potential red flags
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.