Position Summary: Responsible for a variety of accounting duties including, but not limited to; recording financial transactions, maintaining accurate accounting records, and preparing account reconciliations, assisting/leading with completion of financial statements, and a variety of reports and analyses to assist management in financial reporting and decision making. Assist/lead monthly and annual general ledger closings, bank compliance, and annual audits for certain group companies. This position will manage all intercompany transactions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and posts monthly journal entries.
- Assists with monthly financial statements across multiple companies.
- Manage intercompany transactions on a weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Completes monthly account reconciliations, analyses and schedules.
- Assist with building and maintaining monthly departmental budgets.
- Complete workpapers for annual CPA and regulatory review.
- Ensure all commission, royalties and rebates are processed for all Convivial companies.
- Manage Cash Forecasting & required daily bank reporting.
- Submit information to Insurance Broker and Corporate to issue Property, General Liability and Transit Insurance Policies, collaborating with HR when necessary on Worker’s Comp.
- Submit information for required Bonds to the Insurance Broker and respective Agencies.
- Prepare and submit information for US Census Bureau requests.
- Prepare multiple analysis reports via Excel, increasing the reliability and efficiency of reporting.
- Capable of advanced analytical skills, attention to detail, dealing with ambiguity.
- Lead/Assist in automating and improving processes with primary focus on improving technical linkages between core ERP (Microsoft NAV) with other group companies’ specific ERP systems, and assist in any systems enhancements.
- Project based activities to standardize/document/implement accounting procedures with focus on continuous improvement.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Convivial Brands Expectations of all Employees:
- Adheres to all Convivial Brands Policies and Procedures.
- Conducts self in a manner consistent with Convivial Brands’ Core Values at all times.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all contacts.
- Consistently reports to work on time and prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains the privacy of all company proprietary information.
- Treat visitors, vendors, customers, and team members with respect and dignity.
- Able to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.